I think we often underestimate the freedom Christ gives us. Can you imagine complete freedom? That is what we have. We have NOTHING to be ashamed of, not a thing. Did you read your Bible today? Did you get on your knees and pray before you went to bed last night? Have you lived sinlessly today? If the answer is no to any of these questions, the truth remains: it doesn't matter. God loves you anyway. There are no but's or if's.
Regardless, we still experience feelings of guilt and shame all the time. But here is where the unbelievable truth comes in and smacks your face like ice cold water: there is no reason for us to feel that way. If we have repented of our sins and chosen to walk with the Lord in righteousness.
Romans 8:1-2 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death.
I wish I believed this all the time. The implications of this are incomprehensible, maybe. I stand amazed, righteous, faultless, wholly accepted. How great is our God.
No comments:
Post a Comment